Sometimes, superheroes don’t exist only in movies and video games. Sometimes, a Cole MacGrath (from the inFAMOUS video game franchise) is actually real and walking around.
This inspirational superhero story is about a high school student who overcame TWO cancers and a hip amputation. “Some People Walk in Each Other’s Shoes… I Carry Mine” is a real-life story of overcoming grueling challenges, facing struggles & conquering pain.
Last summer in 2017, I finished the first draft of my autobiography, and I felt I accomplished something special. The first draft came out great, but it still needed work with pacing, grammar errors, and more content that I eventually added months later.
Fast-forward to 2018, I received a comment from Iby Class on my inFAMOUS: Cole MacGrath Gameplay Part II video on YouTube, and he told me about Fiverr, which is a promotion service that helps content creators get their vision out to the world. At first, I looked around the platform and found services that specialize in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which drives traffic from around the world to my website.
One day I looked for book services like editing and proofreading, creating a front and back book cover, and publishing services for eBook and print formats. With help from the Fiverr community, I was finally able to get my book published.
Fiverr Community Book Acknowledgments
• Amanda Hitt: She edited, proofread, and formatted my book.
• Cal5085: He created an amazing front and back book cover ready for eBook and print versions, and he also created a social media ad. Towards the end of creating my social media ad, he said he was also a fan of the inFAMOUS videogame franchise.
• Jrcopywriting: He wrote a professional book listing for my autobiography. He also said I had an interesting story, and was excited to work on my book listing.
• Millians: My book would not be available for purchase at digital stores without Millians’ hard work. I have images within my book that help tell my story, and I had to fight for certain images to remain within my book, but other images I had to let go due to copyright issues. It got to the point where the publishers lawyers got involved, but Millians never gave up on my book, and it came out the way I envisioned. He formatted and published the eBook and paperback versions of my autobiography on six different online bookstores such as Amazon, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Scibd, and Agnus & Robertson.
Fiverr Community SEO, Website Video, Social Media and Promotion Acknowledgments
• Amazesolutions and Tharaka__design: For the worldwide traffic directed straight to calmandstrong.net.
• Graphics_quee: He created a website tour video to help promote my website.
• Designrans: He created an awesome social media and promotion book banner.
I started off this year realizing that I can’t do everything by myself, and I must be opened minded to other peoples’ opinions and trust their expertise in their chosen field. The Fiverr community is like the Garden of Eden for creators because it cuts out the middle man. The community focuses on helping creators succeed, which gives them a platform to express themselves artistically and creatively for the world to see.
Do you have a favorite bookstore? Click here: https://www.books2read.com/CalmandStrongBook
Audiobook Coming Soon…
To sign up for updates through the CalmandStrong Newsletter, click here: http://www.calmandstrong.net/contact
On March 10th, 2018, I received my Advanced Communicator Bronze Certificate from Toastmasters International because I completed 20 speeches.
I do not own any content displayed from inFAMOUS (2009). The images displayed were captured and lifted from my personal playthrough of the original inFAMOUS video game.
No Copyright Intended. All content is copyright to their respective owners. All image is property of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), developed by Sucker Punch Productions.